Thursday 9 September 2010

"it's only rock'n'roll but I like it"

Nietzsche said that "without music, life would be an error". I am agree with that phrase, because my life is a group of songs. I always connecting the experiences of my life with my favourite music. The music is the perfect scene for every moment that I lived in past.
I feel very good with a great variety of music. I like different music styles: punk music, rock music, indie music, etc. But, I don't enjoy too much some music styles, like reggaeton, romantic music, teen-pop music, etc., because I feel that this kind of music is just a business without honesty.
Some bands are very good, for example, Primus, The Flaming Lips or Radiohead, because those bands create music mixing different elements, with excellent results. Moreover, last year I went to the concert of Faith No More and I really liked the quality of their music.
I don't listen to radio, because the chilean's radios have their focus in certain people which don't represent to the all chilean population. However, some radio stations play music more varied, as the following radio stations: Horizonte, Sonar, Futuro, etc. This implies that I have my own music collection, which is composed of many mp3 and compact discs. But, from some years ago I don't buy compact discs, because those are really expensive, so I prefer download music and destroy the business behind of its mask.
A great song called The Bends by Mister Bungle is related with my identity, because it is a suite of nine minutes with many parts, rythms and melodies that are in connection with my feelings.
Unfortunately, I don't play any instrument and I don't know read music, but I want to learn as to do it. In addition, I don't sing very well, but I always do it when I listen to music in the street and when I enjoy so much some songs.
Embarrased I recognize that when I was a child I sang the Puma Rodriguez's songs and I think that some of those songs were the first ones in my mind.
Without music the life would be an error (Nietzsche), because this is an art very emotional that we can associate with our life and feelings more pure. The music is the background of our subjectivity but with concrete shape.

1 comment:

  1. the Puma Rodriguez rocks! haha I aslo have memories of him from my childhood xD. Take care, see you!

    ReplyDelete