Wednesday 10 November 2010

Technology is Godzilla

Hello my friends

Actually, the technology is not my favourite way to learn any subject. In fact, I don’t use very much my own computer to do written projects. I try to separate my studies of the technology (computer), because I don’t feel that the technology help my learning process. In the second term of this year, three subjects are related with the use of the computer: a subject called "Lo público ¿Monopolio del Estado?", another subject called "Técnicas Cualitativas I" and this subject, called "English IV". This post will be a reflection about my relationship with the technology in the last term.

In the subject called “Lo público ¿Monopolio del Estado?” every week I’ve had to write about different topics in a “Blog” and too I ‘ve had to do some tests in Internet. Besides, in the subject called "Técnicas Cualitativas" I’ve had to write every project in my computer, because is a requirement that the reports are written in a formal way. In “English IV” I’ve had to write in a blog every week to improve my English and I’ve had to practice with some tools of the Internet. I have not enjoyed my experience with technology related with my studies in this term. I have not enjoyed my experience with the technology related to my studies in this term, because I think the informatic tools have prevented the free flow of my thoughts.
A great disadvantage of the technology is its huge potential to distract to the persons of the development of projects and homeworks, for that reason; if you want to work with a computer you must have a huge discipline.
However, the technology can help to develop a great quantity of works and today is a obligation of the students know and operate the technology and its resources, because is an important aspect of the education in the present world. If we know and if we use the technology and its tools and instruments, we can improve our life and our relation with the nature and people.

Finally, I can say that the technology is a useful aspect of our present life, but we need to know its advantages and disadvantages, because we can not allow that technology dominates our society and the social relations. “Technology is Godzilla”, I mean, technology improves its power over we in an unpredictable way, but we need to control its development and negative aspects.

Bye friends, I hope you are good

No comments:

Post a Comment